The Common Core State Standards (CCSS) are the culmination of an extended, broad-based effort to fulfill the charge issued by the states to create the next generation of K-12 standards in order to help ensure that all students are college and career ready no later than the end of high school. This is one of the most important changes in education in the United States in the last fifty years and stands to positively affect students, parents, teachers, communities, and the workforce as we take a firm grasp on what 21st century learning truly means.
Professional Learning Opportunitiesview more opportunities
Discussionsview more discussions
Videos & Webinarsview more videos & webinars
Resources & Toolsview more resources
- Elementary Conceptual Topics, Curriculum Frameworks & Pacing Guides
- CCSS and the Gifted
- Grade 3 The Fisherman and his Wife Close Reading Exemplar
- Grade 8 Long Night of Little Boats Close Reading Exemplar
- Grades 9-10 Gettysburg Address Close Reading Exemplar
- Guide to Creating Questions for Close Analytic Reading
Standards for Mathematical Practice
- Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
- Reason abstractly and quantitatively.
- Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
- Model with mathematics.
- Use appropriate tools strategically.
- Attend to precision.
- Look for and make use of structure.
- Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.
Professional Learning Opportunities
- Overview of Progressions
- K Counting and Cardinality & K-5 Operations and Algebraic Thinking
- K-5 Number and Operations in Base Ten
- 3-5 Number and Operations - Fractions
- K-6 Geometry
- K-3 Categorical Data & Grades 2-5 Measurement and Data
- 6-8 Expressions and Equations
- 6-7 Ratios and Proportional Relationships
- 6-8 Statistics and Probability
- High School Statistics and Probability